Thursday, October 11, 2012

Over and Over Again...

I can't help but digging up those old memories buried deep in that special place I like to keep them. To think about what could of happened if what happened didn't happen. I know it is all over now, but I can't help but to hold on to every last essence of you that still remains. Because its all in my head, I think about it all the time, I replay the good times we had over and over again. Trying to feel that great feeling, instead of the pain that has tried to take its place. I fear if I let you go, I let go of something that once made me so happy. That it will all just be forgotten. Or maybe this hole that you left in my chest will be filled up with cobwebs and dust because no one has ever made me feel quite the way you did. Or maybe, if I finally am able to let you go, I will just fall from that thread you left me to hang on. I put out and you put me out. High and dry. With so little that I have to remind me of you from 5,000 miles away, we could pour a little salt and it would be like we were never there. You told me not to worry. You told me it'd be fine...

Guess that was just a lie. And you were just another guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment